Bacharach to Amsterdam Using Global Pass $225 ?!?!?!

I am trying to get from Bacharach, Germany to Amsterdam using the Global Rail Pass. I input this, and it gives me trains from Bacharach to Koblenz to Koeln to Amsterdam for $225. I haven't had that expensive of train reservations with the Global Pass, they have been $12 to $74. Is this correct?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) August 17, 2016 16:20
    Hi Vickie,

It sounds as though you're looking at regular tickets and not passholder reservations. For travel with a rail pass, you would purchase reservations by clicking the 'Seat Reservations' tab on our homepage (www.raileurope.com), entering a route, and indicating the type of rail pass with which you'll be traveling (i.e. a 'Eurail Global Pass').

The most feasible connections from Bacharach to Amsterdam take just under 6.5 hours in duration and involve changing trains once at the Frankurt Airport en route.

Direct trains from Bacharach to the Frankfurt Airport are regional trains that don't even accept reservations. Therefore, the Eurail Global Pass is all you would need to board.

Direct trains from the Frankfurt Airport to Amsterdam are high-speed ICE (InterCity Express) trains on which reservations are highly recommended, but not required.

Since reservations aren't possible on the segment from Bacharach to the Frankfurt Airport, you would only search 'Frankfurt Airport' to Amsterdam when you go to book your reservations for this trip on our site.

For trains departing out of the station at the airport, you would just have to be sure to type 'Frankfurt Airport' in the field for the departure city. When you pull up the results of your search from ‘Frankfurt Airport’ to Amsterdam, the station at the airport would be labeled as ‘F-Flughafen Fernbf’.

Generally, for planning purposes, you would still be able to check schedules for non-reservable trains on our site, but schedules for the direct trains from Bacharach to the Frankfurt Airport are not able to be displayed on our site. These trains depart once every couple hours throughout the day, and the ride only takes about an hour. If you'd like to inquire about specific schedules for the segment from Bacharach to the Frankfurt Airport, you would call us. We can be reached at 1-800-622-8600.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Thank you so much! I did not realize it went through Frankfurt. I have much to learn about Rail Europe.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned