This topic was merged into another on Tue, 07 Aug 2012 17:41:27 +0000 Click here to see the authoritative topic.

Barcelona to Marseille Train? September 2012

We will be in Barcelona, September 2012 and would like to travel by train to Marseille one-way. 1) What is the best train for beautiful views, 2) what is the difference in 1st class and 2nd class on this route, 3) Why won't it let me book now? Thank you
1 person has
this question
+1
  • The journey from Barcelona to Marseille requires a change of train in Montpellier. When booking, the 2 segments will have to be booked separately from Barcelona Sants to Montpellier and from Montpellier to Marseille. The first class accommodations on these trains will have fewer seats and there will be more leg room for the journey. The train from Barcelona Sants to Montpellier can be booked 60 days in advance. The train from Montpellier to Marseille can be booked 90 days in advance. We should have all schedules for this route in July. You may find current fares and schedules for these trains on the Rail Europe website at http://www.raileurope.com.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thank you very much for the information. I thought I read somewhere I had to transfer in Narbonne?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Jeff (Official Rep) April 18, 2012 14:05
    For the connection from Barcelona to Marseille that involves only one train change en route, the train change could be in either Narbonne or Montpellier. In either case, you would just piece together the connection by doing separate searches for each segment of the trip.

Currently, it requires that you enter the station name when you do searches for trains operated by the national rail network of Spain. For schedules between Barcelona and Narbonne, you would just type 'Barcelona Sants' and 'Narbonne' when you do your search. For schedules between Barcelona and Montpellier, you would type 'Barcelona Sants' and 'Montpellier'.

If you wish to depart earlier in the day, the connection from Barcelona to Marseille would involve changing trains twice en route; once in Figueres and the once in either Montpellier or Valence. For schedules between Barcelona and Figueres, you would just type 'Barcelona Sants' and 'Figueres Vilafant' when you do your search. For the segment from Figueres to Montpellier, you would type 'Figueras' (with an 'a' as the 2nd to last letter this time, instead of an 'e') and 'Montpellier'. For the segment from Figueres to Valence, you would type 'Figueras' (once again with an 'a' as the 2nd to last letter, instead of an 'e') and 'Valence'.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• thanks very much for your time. Have a wonderful day!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm