Does the City Night Line 40451 from Paris to Munich still run?

We want to travel from Paris to Munich on Sept 24, 2016 via the 40451 City Night Line. Is this still running? I see I wouldn't be able to book until late February. However, I tried looking at earlier date to get an idea of price but I can't find anything for this route in the near future.

We want to take an overnight sleeper train from Paris to Munich but the information seems very limited. My questions is, is it still running? How do you book it?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) January 18, 2016 21:25
    Hi Jayna,

The City Night Line train from Paris to Munich has actually been discontinued. Since then there has been no direct overnight train from Paris to Munich. An overnight connection from Paris to Munich would now involve changing trains once in Dusseldorf or Cologne en route. The segment from Dusseldorf to Munich or Cologne to Munich would be on the actual overnight train.

You would check schedules and purchase tickets by clicking on 'Find Fares & Schedules' on our homepage (www.raileurope.com) and entering the route. For an overnight trip from Paris to Munich, you would just have to piece together the connection by doing a separate search for each segment. Therefore, you would do one search for trains from Paris to Dusseldorf or Paris to Cologne and then another search to access the night train from either Dusseldorf to Munich or Cologne to Munich.

The trains from Paris to Dusseldorf and Paris to Cologne are high-speed Thalys trains. The night train from Dusseldorf/Cologne to Munich is a 'Pollux' City Night Line train.

Generally, the Thalys trains can only be booked within 90 days of an intended date of departure, while the City Night Line trains can be booked 90 to 180 days in advance of a departure. Currently, the Pollux City Night Line train from Dusseldorf/Cologne to Munich can only be booked for dates up until late-June. Therefore, you can use a date prior to then in order to get an idea of the ticket costs and schedules in the meantime.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited