Europe 2013 trip - France, Germany and Switzerland

we (3 adults 26+ yrs old and 1 youth less than 26 yrs old) intend to travel in munich, switzerland, and paris in aug/sep this year. the plan is to fly to geneva from munich, while in geneva do the golden pass going to zurich then zurich back to geneva. from geneva travel by train to paris. from paris fly back to munich to fly back to toronto. what would be the best train pass we should buy?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • I would recommend the Eurail France- Switzerland Saver Pass, which is available at http://www.raileurope.com/rail-ticket... . Since you flying into and out of Munich, you do not need a rail pass for Germany. You may inquire about Munich city passes locally.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• thanks mike.

i was not able to mention about the plan to go to Jungfraujoch while doing the golden pass tour. would that be included in the pass too? i understand that even if you have the eurail france-switzerland pass, you still need to buy reservation for golden pass and jungfraujoch (top of europe) trip, please confirm. if yes, how much would the reservations would be? or please direct me to where i can get an estimate and how to do the reservation.

my calculation for the train trips below is about $450 while the pass for 4 days is $372 for a savings of about $80. so the reservations should be less than that or else i cannot see the advantage.
    - golden pass from geneva to zurich
    - top of europe (jungfraujoch)
    - zurich back to geneva
    - geneva to paris

thanks in advance.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Jeff (Official Rep) January 07, 2013 21:07
      If you just end up purchasing regular point-to-point tickets instead of a rail pass, then you would purchase the 'Interlaken-Jungfraujoch/Full Fare' option of the Jungfraujoch Top of Europe pass.
    • Jeff (Official Rep) December 29, 2016 19:44
      Update:

With regard to the excursion up to Jungfraujoch, reservations are now possible for the Jungfrau Railway segment between Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch. In fact, as a supplement to the ‘Jungfraujoch Top of Europe’, reservations are now highly recommended on the Kleine Scheidegg-Jungfraujoch segment for travel between the months of May and October. The Kleine-Scheidegg-Jungfraujoch reservations can be purchased locally at the preceding stations in Interlaken, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, and Wengen; as well as the nearby station of Mürren.

Reservations are still not accepted for the segments between Interlaken and Kleine Scheidegg, whether you take the route via Grindelwald or the route via Lauterbrunnen. Therefore, the ‘Jungfraujoch Top of Europe’ would be all you’d need to board for these segments.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited