Eurail Pass for Berlin to Hannover, Hannover to Paris, Paris to Rotterdam, and Rotterdam to Brussels

Hi, i am planning my trip to europe and looking for tickets from Berlin to Hanover, Hanover to Paris, Paris to Rotterdam, Rotterdam to Brussels. Please hèlp how to book.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) April 07, 2016 20:38
    Hi,

Generally, all countries being traveled through would have to be accounted for on the rail pass you choose. However, the trains you'd be taking into and out of France, with regard to this itinerary, would actually not require you to have France on your pass. Therefore, you would be able to purchase a Eurail Select Pass for 2 countries, with those countries being the 'Benelux' and Germany.

Belgium and the Netherlands are both included as a part of the 'Benelux'. The Benelux covers Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg and counts them as one ‘country’ for the purpose of rail passes. Therefore, to account for Belgium/the Netherlands, you would include the ‘Benelux’ as one of the countries on your Eurail Select Pass.

You would purchase the Eurail Select Pass here: https://www.raileurope.com/rail-ticke....

Berlin to Hannover with the Eurail Select Pass

Trains to Berlin to Hannover are high-speed ICE (InterCity Express) trains on which reservations would be recommended.

For travel with a rail pass, you would purchase reservations by entering the route on our homepage (www.raileurope.com) and indicating the type of pass with which you'll be traveling (i.e. a 'Eurail Two Country Select Pass').

Hannover to Paris with the Eurail Select Pass

For your pass to cover the trip from Hannover to Paris, you would take the route that involves changing trains once in Cologne along the way.

Trains from Hannover to Cologne are high-speed ICE (InterCity Express) trains on which reservations would be recommended.

The trains from Cologne to Paris are high-speed Thalys trains on which reservations would be required. Even though your pass wouldn't include France, a Thalys train from Cologne to Paris would still accept it. Just by having Germany on your pass, you would be eligible to take this train.

For travel with a rail pass, you would purchase reservations by entering the route on our homepage (www.raileurope.com) and indicating the type of pass with which you'll be traveling (i.e. a 'Eurail Two Country Select Pass'). For the trip from Hannover to Paris, you would just have to piece together the connection by doing a separate search for each segment. Therefore, you would do one search for trains from Hannover to Cologne and another search for connecting trains from Cologne to Paris.

Paris to Rotterdam with the Eurail Select Pass

Trains from Paris to Rotterdam are high-speed Thalys trains that would require reservations in addition to the pass. Once again, even though your pass wouldn't include France, the Thalys trains from Paris to Rotterdam would still accept it. Just by having the Benelux on your pass, you would be eligible to take this train.

For travel with a rail pass, you would purchase reservations by entering the route on our homepage (www.raileurope.com) and indicating the type of pass with which you'll be traveling (i.e. a 'Eurail Two Country Select Pass').

Rotterdam to Brussels with the Eurail Select Pass

Trains from Rotterdam to Brussels are high-speed Thalys trains that would require reservations in addition to the pass.

For travel with a rail pass, you would purchase reservations for a train from Rotterdam to Brussels by entering the route on our homepage (www.raileurope.com) and indicating the type of pass with which you'll be traveling (i.e. a 'Eurail Two Country Select Pass').

The trains that make up your itinerary can be reserved once within 90 days of an intended date of departure. Passholder reservations on the Thalys trains can sell out quickly, so it would be recommended that these trains be booked as soon as it becomes possible.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned