I’m just unsure

Davos to Zermatt via Glacier Express with Swiss Travel Pass

i bought two first class swiss pass for our vacation back to our "Heimatort". we plan to take the glacier express from stMoritz/or Davos to zermatt. do i need to buy extra ticket for this trip? you see i have done this before when i was still living in Switzerland and we started in fontresina and overnight in st moritz.then food /lunchwas served and then we overnighted in zermatt.i cannot remember if hotel was all arranged by SBB. anyway i want to know if i need to buy extra ticket for this glacier express or i just need to call for seat reservation.?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) July 27, 2016 17:03
    Hi Evelyn,

The Swiss Travel Pass actually covers the full route of the Glacier Express; you would just need reservations on the train itself.

A connection from Davos to Zermatt would involve taking a branch of the Rhaetian Railway from Davos to Filisur, where you would switch to the Glacier Express scenic train to Zermatt.

The trains from Davos to Filisur don't accept reservations, so the Swiss Travel Pass is all you would need to board. In contrast, the Glacier Express from Filisur to Zermatt requires reservations in addition to the pass. With that said, passholder reservations for departures out of Filisur on the Glacier Express are currently not able to be booked on our website. Instead, you would have to purchase passholder reservations for a Glacier Express from Filisur to Zermatt by calling us. We can be reached at 1-800-622-8600. Our current hours are 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM CT Monday to Friday and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM CT on Saturdays.

When you call, you can also inquire about schedules for the trains from Davos to Filisur.

Generally, the Glacier Express can be reserved once within 90 days of an intended date of departure. This train is known to sell out quickly, so it would be recommended that the reservations be purchased as soon as it becomes possible.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned