Paris to Venice, September 2016

I am looking to purchase tickets from Paris to Venice in September 2016. For about 2 months now I have been able to get any information regarding estimated cost or train time. The error "At this time, our online system can't find tickets or schedules for this trip" comes up every time I look within 90 days of the current date. Is there any information regarding when Paris-Venice train tickets will be available for purchase?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) June 15, 2016 20:45
    Hi Brooke,

Due to an error, the night train from Paris to Venice (the Thello night train) is currently not able to be booked on our website, but you can purchase tickets for this train by calling us. We can be reached at 1-800-622-8600. Generally, this train can be booked once within 90 to 120 days of an intended date of departure.

The most feasible daytime connection would take just over 9.5 hours in duration and involves 2 train changes along the way; once in Turin and then once in Bologna.

You would check schedules and purchase tickets by doing a search under 'Find Train Tickets' on the homepage of our website, www.raileurope.com. For the daytime option from Paris to Venice, you would just have to piece together the connection by doing a separate search for each segment. Therefore, you would do one search for the segment from Paris to Turin, another search for connecting trains from Turin to Bologna, and another search for connecting trains from Bologna to Venice.

When you pull up the results of your search for the segment from Turin to Bologna, it may only display 'Porta Nuova' as the station of departure for the 'Frecciarossa' trains. However, the train from Paris to Turin will only stop at the Porta Susa station in Turin. Rest assured, the Frecciarossa trains from Turin to Bologna do depart from the Porta Susa station just 10 to 13 minutes after they are shown to be departing from the Porta Nuova station on our site. Therefore, you can just switch trains right at the Porta Susa station, rather than commuting between stations.

Generally, trains from Paris to Turin (France-Italy TGV trains) can be booked once within 90 days of an intended date of departure, while trains from Turin to Bologna (Frecciarossa or Italo trains) and Bologna to Venice (Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Freccibianca, or Italo trains) can be booked within 90 to 120 days of an intended date of departure.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated