I’m confused

Paris to Zurich 2 Jan 2018 2nd class costs between $70 to $90 whereas under Swiss Pass option it costs $161. How can that be possible ?

Paris to Zurich TGV Train for 2 Jan 2018 2nd class costs between $70 to $90 whereas under Swiss Pass option it costs $161. How can that be possible ? I mean under Swiss Pass it should be cheaper right ?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) October 20, 2017 16:19
    Hi Pranav,

With a Swiss Travel Pass, you would be eligible to receive a rate called the 'Passholder 3' on a direct TGV Lyria train from Paris to Zurich. However, on these trains, there may be even lower discounted rates available to all passengers. Therefore, you would want to be sure to check both options.

To check the 'Passholder 3' rate for a direct train from Paris to Zurich, you would just have to indicate that you'll be traveling with the 'Swiss Travel Pass' when you search the route on our homepage. To verify that our website is quoting you the actual 'Passholder 3' rate, you would click the 'View' button for the cost. After clicking 'View', a box will expand out underneath. In this box, you would refer to the option(s) under where it says 'Ticket Flexibility' and click 'Read More'. When you click 'Read More', the name of the fare should display as something like 'TGV Lyria Passholder 3'.

To check regular ticket costs from Paris to Zurich, you would search the route under 'Find Train Tickets' on our homepage and click 'No' where it asks 'Are you traveling with a rail pass?'.

Generally, the trains from Paris to Zurich can only be booked once within 90 days of an intended departure date. The best rates on these trains can sell out quickly, so it is recommended that the tickets be purchased as soon as possible.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned