we are planning to be in Switzerland from August 8 to August 15, 2015. When do I need to purchase Swiss pass (how many days in advance?).

I prefer e-ticket option. thank you
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) June 30, 2015 18:13
    Thank you for your question, Galina.

Unlike rail passes issued as physical documents, the first date of validity for the electronic version of the 'Swiss Travel Pass' (the 'Swiss Travel E-Pass') would have to be within 2 months from the date it is purchased. The remaining days of validity on a 'Swiss Travel E-Pass' can then extend beyond the 2 months.

Rail passes issued as physical documents (including the non-electronic version of the 'Swiss Travel Pass') would have to be validated for use within 6 months from the purchase date. Once validated, the remaining validity period of the (non-electronic) 'Swiss Travel Pass' can extend beyond the 6 months.

You would purchase the 'Swiss Travel Pass' (or the 'Swiss Travel E-Pass') here: http://www.raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned