What days of the week does the Chocolate Train run in September 2015? Is there any alternative to it?

We will be in Montreux Friday and Saturday September 4 & 5th, will we be able to take the Chocolate train tour? If not is there any alternatives we could do?

Nicole
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Jeff (Official Rep) February 09, 2015 19:30
    Hi Nicole,

I'm sorry, as the Chocolate Train will only run on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning in September. Instead of the Chocolate Train, you would could always take the GoldenPass scenic route out of Montreux. You could either do the full route of the GoldenPass scenic line or at least just a portion of it.

The full route of the GoldenPass is from Montreux to Lucerne and involves changing trains in Zweisimmen and Interlaken along the way. You would purchase tickets and check schedules by clicking on 'Find Fares & Schedules' on our homepage and entering the cites. When purchasing tickets and checking schedules, you would just do a separate search for each segment of the route (i.e. one search for trains from Montreux to Zweisimmen, another search for connecting trains from Zweisimmen to Interlaken, and another search for connecting trains from Interlaken to Lucerne).

The GoldenPass can only be booked within 90 days of an intended date of departure. Since your intended travel falls outside of this time frame, you would just enter a more imminent date, some time within the next 90 days, to get an idea of the ticket costs and view schedules when searching these trains on our site.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited